Thursday, September 8, 2011

Revised Research Post: A Blogger Set-Up Tutorial

In this post, I want to help my readers set up a blog from Step 1 (setting up that pesky Google Account) to that First Post and then on to a bit about Design.  Since this post is meant to be user-friendly, I'll use clean formatting and carefully worded links to outside URL's.  I'm also going to imbed some helpful YouTube videos - they do, after all, tend to hold the reader's attention better than actual reading.
Clean formatting, Helpful Links
Let's start from the beginning: how to set up your Blogger Account.  I'm going to recommend that you Visit Blogger to set up your account.  If you have any trouble with this step, then I recommend following video - it will guide you step-by-step in creating your blog:


Notice how I've imbedded the video in the blog itself - this way, visitors can stay on the blog rather than head over to YouTube.  And this is important - we all know what happens to people who go to YouTube.  (Hint: coming back to your website usually isn't it.)
Want to go back and review?  Or are you ready for the next lesson?  Here's are links so you can do that:

<--Rough Draft Research Post - Rough Draft Document (coming soon!)-->

Since I ran out of time before having to go to sleep, I haven't finished this post.  This happens sometimes.  You'll want to avoid this mistake by planning ahead.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Claudia - Thanks for the question. To imbed a video, you'll want to first click on the video icon in the toolbar (see http://writingbloggenre.blogspot.com/2011/09/your-blogger-blog-post-toolbar.html#othercoolstuff).

    From there, you'll have the choice to either search for YouTube videos or to upload one of your own.

    Also, one of the YouTube videos I found gives another method for adding video. I've posted the link at http://writingbloggenre.blogspot.com/2011/09/research-post-first-draft.html#addvideo

    I hope this helps you find what you're looking for. Please let me know if I can provide more information.

    ReplyDelete